Sunday, January 30, 2011

On A Typical Day

Sources tell me that we have to do a task at least 21 times for it to become habit. What an interesting thing to think about: that we can be conditioned to do certain tasks, and do so mindlessly. Be it tap your toothbrush on the sink before you apply the toothpaste (to knock off the excess water, of course), sleep on the right-hand side of the bed, or the action of tossing your hair every few minutes. We all have those habits that we do, unintentionally, without real rhyme or reason.

We also have, of course, those things that we choose to do. Day after day. 

Upon waking up, I am now welcomed by the crisp morning air that has filled my bedroom. The bright sunshine seems to suddenly fill every nook and cranny of space I remembered being so overwhelmed by darkness the previous night. (But, with a window that takes up my entire wall, I guess that this is not an impossible task to change from one to the other so drastically.)

In the beginning of a brand new day, I enjoy walking from my bedroom to the living room to sit and pause.

Gazing out of my living room window with my steaming mug of coffee in hand, I love the time I have-- to think and to just, talk with God. This doesn't always happen, but it's great when I make the time to do so. These few minutes of the morning seem to only belong to me, and it's great when I remember to share them with my creator.

I love mornings when I choose to pause and gaze at God's greatness. 

I have several habits (as I'm sure, most do as well) that are sprinkled throughout my day. And, I don't even know if I could tell you what they are off the top of my head. 

But I do know that I would like to say that I take the time to converse with God through all of the many moments that fill my typical day.

That would be a great, typical day for me.

Cheers to making this a habit.... because I hate realizing that I have reacted to a situation without asking for God's assistance in making a judgment. Especially when I am selfish in that reaction.







No comments:

Post a Comment