Saturday, January 8, 2011

Hey God...

Thanks for your patience with me. I know that my heart tends to wander at times, and I really hate that about myself. I really wish I could be as steadfast as you. But, I guess that's why you gave us Your Spirit. So we could lean on your strength, and not ours. Thanks for that.

I don't know if I ever will really be able to comprehend the many things you do (and have done) for us. The whole concept of grace, for instance, is.. man, incomprehensible. I can't imagine that kind of love to just be given. But yet, that is exactly what you did. And do. Time and time again..

I know that you call me out to live a life that is counter-cultural. To live a life that reflects your goodness.. so others can see the work that you have done on my soul, and I really am trying to do that. I'm sorry that I am weak, at times, and doubtful. I don't like having Jonah moments.

I think this is one of those moments where I am just, waiting. As the second semester is about to commence, thoughts of what my next step is going to look like are starting to cloud my mind. I'm unsure the way to go. Or, am I even supposed to move? Do you want me to stay here?

I'm not certain on what You have in store for me. But, I'm going to keep on walking.

Please guide me, Lord. Please, also, grant me strength and patience (especially on those days where I'm just really upset for not knowing).

Thanks for everything...

I really am glad that I am Yours.

2 comments:

  1. Angela, that is what is so hard about Faith to walk with out seeing!!
    I love the verse in Isaiah 31:21 "Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice saying THIS IS THE WAY WALK IN IT"
    just always remember how far he has brought you and he will Never, No never forsake you
    hugs from AR, karen d

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Mrs. D! You are so right, and that verse is sooo good. :)

    I'm reading a lot about faith right now.. and am amazed {yet again} by Abraham and Job... So amazed by their faithfulness.

    Thanks for the encouragement & for the hugs! :)

    ReplyDelete