Sunday, January 30, 2011

If You Could See What I See...

I see the sun peeking from behind the clouds after a full day in hiding.

I see houses being washed in sunlight after a long and dreary day of gray rain.

I see full drying racks, atop the roofs, with a layer of plastic to shield the clothes from the day's down pour.

I see cars driving as if they have just woken up; their first movements of the day. I see them creep down the roads that twist and turn through all of Beit Jala.

I see trees dancing in the wind as they are joyful for having a long day filled with a lasting drink of water.

I see wild dogs emerging from their hiding places to stake their claim of the land once more.

I see kids peeking through the windows of their houses to catch a few glimpses of the clear sky as the clouds retreat.

I see a world truly thankful for the water of the day.

I see the papers surrounding me that I must continue to grade....

No comments:

Post a Comment