Friday, January 7, 2011

To Be A Cloud


I watch as clouds dance through the sky, as they move from place to place. As I sit, confined to my living room {For now at least, as grading will take up most...if not all.. of my day.}, I can't help but wonder what it would be like to be a cloud. To be weightless. To have the freedom to float and move along with the wind. Nothing holds them down. They are, the ultimate vagabonds.

Oh, the things clouds see! They roll and tumble through the vast, open air and gaze over mountains as if they were small ant mounds. The land they see is endless. Whereas, my view seems to end merely at the horizon. And the night sky... OH, the night sky! To a cloud, it must appear like a million lights that are brighter than anything I have seen yet. A light show with no comparison that I could ever dream.

To see and feel the immense vastness of the universe, that is a cloud's every day life.

They see and feel God's immenseness in every second. His ability to control. His ability to BE.

I strive for that vision. I strive for that mindset. To not be distracted by the view set before me, and to always remember the Creator. God is bigger. He is greater. He simply, IS and always has been.

Oh, to be a cloud...

No comments:

Post a Comment