As I gaze outside of my living room here for the last time, I am overcome with emotion. The many thoughts that are dancing through my head resemble these strewed sentences & words.
Thank GOODNESS, I am DONE packing.
...Now, let's just hope that the bags meet the TSA weight requirements.
Weird. I am going to understand all of the signs I see in 36 hours.
Even weirder: I'm going to understand ALL of the conversations I hear around me. {ok, maybe most* conversations...}
I'm going to see my family at the airport.
Hmm... When am I going to see my students again? I really like those guys.
Can I please get past security in 30 minutes or less?
Did I accomplish everything that I set out here to do?
I am about to leave this land full of history + newness + turmoil + peace + love + bitterness + understanding + confusion + new family + strangers + people broken to pieces + people made whole. ...All of the contradictions that make this place special ...that make this place feel like home... Will be missed.
P.S. Dear America, For some strange reason... I am craving doughnuts like c.r.a.z.y. {If you know me, then you know how bizarro this is! I cannot tell you the last time I had one of these bad boys...}. Seriously. I think I may have even dreamt about eating one?? {Whaaaat?! Who am I?!}Particularly, though, America -- Can you let me have a great big chocolate covered and delectably warm-fresh-from-the-oven kind of doughnut??
That'd be swell.
No comments:
Post a Comment