Friday, June 17, 2011

Ode to the Fam

Alright, so, it goes without saying that I missed my family. And guys, I have a great, loving, supportive family -- the kind of family that is positively dynamic, never boring, and has an endless supply of awesome on hand. Naturally, a group with a combo like this, will be missed.

And let me just say, after traveling across the Atlantic, from Palestine to America, these guys are the ones that I could not wait to see.

I calculated it, and looks like it took me 30 hours to get from one home to the other. Thirty hours of groggily meandering through airports, slipping in and out of half-hearted sleep, and processing the many memories made and relationships formed.

Talk about a long journey!

I am so thankful that at the end of that trek stood the group of people who love and support me more than anyone else I know. They know my faults, my weaknesses, my strengths, my passions, my everything -- and love me all the same.

It's interesting how after months of being gone, I walk in the front door of our house, note the changes that have been made and the relocation of furniture, but still feel as if I'm home. Sure, "my" bedroom has now changed faces and is now home to "Mom's Sewing Center/Guest Room" -- but, I am still welcome.

I am still given the patience, the grace, and the guidance that I am so very thankful for.

To my family, who taught me to love others without judging them -- for we all are broken, all in need of a Savior -- I love you.

It's good to be home.

1 comment: