Oh. my. GOODNESS.
All of the greenery around me is soooo so good for my being. Really. I feel as if my spirit has been caged in for far too long, and having just been let free, it is going crazy! One thing I know, I can guarantee you that my time spent outdoors is about to exponentially increase! I cannot tell you how wonderful my summer is going to be because of this.
Also, to be in the land of peanut butter rivers is simply amazing. I walked into my parents' kitchen, opened the cabinet doors, and lo-and-behold, five {yes, FIVE! --of various varieties} peanut butter jars were smiling right back at me. Ahhh... it's good to be home.
Alright, alright, jokes aside... Let's get down to some serious stuff...
Fellowship.
Hold on, let me repeat this.
Fellowship. And, we're talking, legit fellowship is what I am looking forward to like Christmas Day. I feel as though I've been living through the plot of "Groundhog Day" --- only, my holiday is Christmas. I've been living Christmas Eve over, and over, and over, and over -- and I cannot wait to get out of this rut!
Please, don't hear me wrong. Our team overseas was sooo, so awesome. We worked through issues, we supported one another through the thick and the thin, we encouraged one another, we had fun together, we worshipped together, we prayed together, we lived life successfully together... if I do say so myself. But, we didn't have the family feel that you get through meeting with other Jesus followers on a regular basis.
I feel as though my soul has been on the waiting list for strong, faith-filled community, and I'm anticipating being reunited like you would not believe. What a glorious day that will be...
{Side Note: But that does not mean that I was disconnected from those I left behind. Shout out to all of you who communicated with me over this last year -- all of the E-mails, text messages, chat conversations, care packages, etc. etc --- are/were such blessings! They had a greater impact than you realize. Thank you for thinking of me. You guys rock. God's love is so evident by your words + actions. Thank you for that. But, what I'm really excited about is seeing you all in person. Reunion in the near future? You bet!}
No comments:
Post a Comment