This week has been a tough one... with blows coming from all directions {basically, a lot of spiritual attack/junk}. And, I have just been taking the weight of everything on my shoulders.
Today, I took a stroll around Bethlehem and went to a local coffee shop where I had this dialogue with my wonderful God...
Me: "Lord, I ask for forgiveness. I recognize that I have slandered who you are with my words and actions. I pray for a heart bent towards truth, gentleness, humility, and love. I pray that I would not grow angry and sin against you and others. I pray that I show that power does not rest in anger. God, please create a new heart within me."
God: "Angela, you must remember that I am with you -- always and forever. I long to take control of all of your burdens and those things that weigh you down. However, I also long to be the life and the light within you. I long to fuel your mind, your body, and your soul. Don't you understand that when you surrender those things to me, that is love? Surrender those things. Think of and on me. Give me control. Do not think that that is weakness. For in your surrendering, there is strength. Let me speak words out of your mouth. Let me open the blind eyes and soften the hardened hearts-- for that is not your responsibility. You are to be available for my use. I have you there for a purpose, and that purpose has not yet been made complete. Do not let the enemy take control of your mind or your body. He delights in both of these things. But instead, rest in my power, my victory, my love, and my control. I hold the world in my hands, but that does not mean that I am too busy to hold you. I delight in you -- when you are both strong and weak -- I delight in you. Bear my name well. Remember that a heart of worship is what truly makes me happy. Worship me and me alone. Do not let other things distract you from my greatness. Stay focused on me."
Man, I really am not worthy of such a great God. I'm so thankful for His provision, His guidance, and His power. Praying that I would be obedient and always step in faith.
Hallelujah, glory be to my great God!
No comments:
Post a Comment