Thursday, March 3, 2011

Contentment

Most days, I find myself really loving my job.
Today was one of those days.

Despite the fact that I have to repeat myself a few times and a few students are still lacking the ability to remember the classroom rules--- I really enjoy what I am doing right now.

Ahhhh, contentment. It's such a great thing.

Picture this:

Today during science, as we were reviewing the importance of a turtle in the pond habitat, an inquisitive mind speaks. In response to discussing the turtle's ability to help the pond stay balanced, a student spoke up his concern.

"Miss, what is this?! What do you mean the turtle eats the extra fish??? How does he know which fish are extra?!? Does he line them up?? What is this...??

I just couldn't help but smile.

I then explained to him what the text was telling us, and how to better comprehend the material.

Then, we digressed a bit, and began talking about the whale and its life {We studied the ocean habitat a few weeks ago}. The same student then spoke up...

"Miss, whaaaat??? When the whale takes in fish, what happens next?? The whale has a hole on the top... does the fish fly out?!?" And then, he made a noise to couple that question.


*Wooooooo!!*


Fuuuun, fun stuff.

I love honesty + boldness + truth seekers.

I just oh-so-love my students.

Happy Thursday, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment