Saturday, August 14, 2010

Pre-Journey Thoughts

So many questions are filling my mind right now as I close my suitcase for the final time before boarding the plane...

What will my third grade class think of me?
Will I be accepted quickly into this foreign culture?
How much will change while I'm gone?
Will I stay in touch with those I hold close now without feeling as though I'm straddling two distant lands?
Will I give my everything?
How much is enough, and can I keep on giving past that point?
Will I love like Jesus loves?
Will I let him take control at all times, and not me?

...so many, and more, are swirling about.. But I know I'm ready.

I'm ready to take the plunge.
To feel so inadequate.
To meet new faces.
To open my eyes wider than I thought ever possible.
To learn a new surrounding.
To smell the many smells that make up my soon-to-be home away from home.
To visit the markets that will soon become my means of survival.
To be the clay pot for God to fill, use, re-fill, and re-use.. repeat.
To love so much it feels as though I could burst and fill the air with millions of tiny, miniature hearts.

I'm ready to re-learn how to live.

Now, first thing's first.. I've gotta get past security..


1 comment:

  1. Girl, you've got God on your side. Who or what could possibly be against you? ;)

    ReplyDelete