Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Eye of the Storm

Sources tell me that the calmest part of any tropical storm is dead-set, in the middle. This is also known as, the eye. It can be described as having clear, blue skies that would make even Judy Garland sing and light winds that would make any sailor's eyes joyfully gleam.

My friends, welcome to the center of my storm.

I'm at a funny place to be as I have missed my first day of classes (due to visa issues), and as the teacher-- that is saying something, ha! I can see the many hours of preparation done to make this first day a success (the first half of the storm), and can see the many hours that lay ahead to ensure that my kids are ready and able to strive for greater things in life (the second half of the storm).

They have the potential to make great, great changes for this community.
They have the potential to love and abandon all for their brothers and sisters.
They have the potential to let God guide them in everything-- to know him personally.

These things, and more, are my prayers.

For these next few months, a lot of things are uncertain.

But, as I was reminded by several friends today, I serve a God who is constant, in control, and has all authority over my life. He holds my future, and as long as I lean and depend on Him fully... I should be fine. He is my captain, and I am his sailor.

So, I say, prepare the sails; I'm ready for an adventure!


2 comments:

  1. And the good thing is that even though you never saw this visa thing coming, God did and He was preparing the way for ya. :)

    ReplyDelete