I have felt welcomed from all directions. And I am learning more, every day, what it means to not judge a book by its cover.
On the outside, the restaurant I enjoyed today looks like a tattered, forgotten book. Perhaps, even an attic filler. You know the ones. The books that your great, great, great grandparents passed down, and you just can't seem to 1) get it back in its mint-like state or 2) toss it away because of the sentimental value attached. Either way, it appears ...well, junky to the average Joe. This restaurant was that book. But, stepping inside, I'm greeted by something completely new, transformed, and beautiful.
Greeted by a warm, cozy environment, I have to just smile as I realize what I had done. I had put this restaurant in an ugly box, and did not know that what I would find would go beyond the borders I had created in my mind. Yet another way Jesus speaks to me.. Look not to the body but to the heart, to the soul. Look not to what the media is saying about these people, but to your experiences. Look not to their actions but listen to their hearts. Listen. Listen. Listen.
Judge not, just love. Love them like I love them.
With this love I give to you, they may come to know me.
Thank you to my little alcove of an eatery to reiterate one of God's great commandments. Love like God loves first.
Lord, give me your eyes-- always. Allow me to see people as you see them. Worthy of your love.
There's a lesson in pretty much every experience. ;)
ReplyDelete