Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Hit the Ground Running

Well PTL!

I arrived with nothing but good things to report.. I was able to network while on my first flight with a lady who has promised to send me teaching resources via E-mail (yay!), I had the WHOLE row to myself while on my long flight (which, if you've ever traveled on these flights-- it's a rarity to definitely lavish smiles over), and didn't lose a single piece of luggage (um, hello big BIG praise!)!

I'm still digesting all of the differences here. It's strange because I feel like it should be jumping out at me like a large, red elephant in a stark, white room.. but I honestly couldn't tell them all to you because.. well, I myself am still soaking it all up.

What I do know: I do know that my boss has a sister who can cook a mean meal of Mlukhieh, I feel like I belong.. as though I am visiting long lost family, coffee is coffee anywhere around the world (and does a great job with bringing conversation and building relationships), and classroom preparation takes some time (no matter where you are around the world..).

Thankfully! The teacher I am replacing left a LOT of teaching materials for my use (posters, stapler, glue, etc. etc.) and I am so SO grateful for this! A week or so to go until I am saying hello to all of my now 23 students! Wow.. so many emotions and thoughts!

Still in awe that God would use me in such a way.. but am loving every moment (with all of 29hrs invested so far...ha!) Will keep you posted (more or less) on the 7587 (ish) to go ;)


2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you made it there safely and with all of your luggage, Cuz! Looking forward to keeping up with you through your blog! What a great idea! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude! Angela! I am super duper exited for you!. I love the way you write as well! I will be praying for your inadequacies...

    ReplyDelete