1. Mistaking fabric softener for detergent
2. Mistaking a local food, labneh, for yogurt ...both, not horrendous and easily fixable. And, let's be honest, just.. funny!
But, I know the other side of not knowing the native tongue. This side, is not humorous ...it's heart breaking.
I live in a community where my position as a foreigner can sometimes be seen as arrogant. Selfish. Stubborn. Closed-Minded. Unloving. Indifferent. Impersonal.
All things Christ is not.
I'm here to be that salt to the tasteless world that surrounds-- to be the light in this dark place.
How can I do this if I cannot speak with these people?
Action. John 3:18 comes to mind:
"Let us not love in word or talk but in deed and truth."
This is my prayer. I pray that God would use me to show His love for ALL peoples.
Praying this becomes my lifestyle.
Praying that I am not fearful to act out of God's love.
Praying that what is seen is my heart, and not my flesh.
Praying for grace, favor, mercy, and love from the locals here.
Praying the Spirit would continually speak and use me to reveal truth.
Praying with you...
ReplyDelete