Sunday, October 10, 2010

Patience

Patience is a virtue. I've heard this truth all of my life. Seriously. All of it. I have recollections of watching a short film as a child with a snail like character singing the tune: "Haaaave patience, haaaaave patience, Don't be in suuuuuuch a hurry..." (Of course, the notes and words were drawn out for emphasis.) I got the message. Patience, I need it.

Little did I know, I would need it in heaping servings.

You see, I have a classroom of 22 all-over-the-place children. 22 children who do NOT want to see what they do incorrectly, always telling me to look the other direction: "Miss Angela, look at so-and-so!!!" while they themselves may have caused the action, or more so, the reaction of the very student they want me to view. Literally. Always. Heaven forbid they look at themselves first!

Isn't that the way we are though?

We want to first look at others before we examine our own selves. Our own hearts. "Lord, look at that person.. they obviously do not follow you." When, in reality, we should be saying, "Lord, look at that person. You died for them and they do not know you. How can I be used so that they may know?" Or, better yet, "Lord, how close am I following you right now? How am I doing at allowing your Spirit to lead my thoughts + my actions + my desires at all times?"

Scary questions.

God has patience with us during these faulty times of ours. We (I) don't deserve it. I don't understand it. And I am definitely no expert on it.

But, I am learning.

I am learning to seek His guidance in (and out) of my classroom. To always answer questions with a smile. To have patience. Even when I have to say things two, three, or eight times. Even when my students are crazy. Even when they misbehave. Even when they life seems to be going in several directions all at once.

Patience.

God is good. All of the time, He is good. He never gives us anything we cannot handle.. even when we would like to think otherwise. He is all sufficient. He is the Prince of Peace. He is God Almighty.

What an awesome God I serve!




No comments:

Post a Comment