Monday, November 8, 2010

Opposition



"For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places." 
                      - Ephesians 6:12

I have to constantly remind myself of the war that is at large for many, many souls. At times, I find myself forgetting my crucial role in this war-- for I should be an active soldier, not one who is sitting on the side lines. I am one who should daily and consistently take up the whole armor of God:



  • Belt of Truth
  • Breastplate of Righteousness
  • Shoes that are ready, at all times, to bear the Gospel of Peace
  • Shield of Faith
  • Helmet of Salvation
  • Sword of the Spirit
Equipped, I should stand firm in truth and watch. Watching for satan's work as it moves around me, preparing myself for his attack. In the midst of everything, I should pray. I should be praying, when I feel like it at all times, for believers and non-believers alike. I should not be focused on the actions of others. More so, I should concentrate on the powers binding them TO those actions--and should rebuke those powers in Christ's name.

Christ. He is the Lord of Lords. 
Heaven knows it. 
Earth knows it. 
Even hell knows it (Luke 4:41). 

Christ is the victorious one in the end, but we are not there yet. 
A war is still being fought in this present darkness. 

Opposition is still among us. 


I urge you to not lose sight of your importance in prayer, your words, and your deeds. Praying that God is victorious in your life today, tomorrow, and always and that He reveals to you His many promises and truths. 


Did anyone else need this today as much as I did?


Photo Attribution

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the reminder Ange. Even though I have been teaching it daily to my students, a lot of times I do not internalize it. One piece of armor you left off though: Prayer and Watchfulness! Ephesians 6:18(i believe) It's the most important piece we should be putting on. Like you said, pray constantly and be watching for the attacks so you are prepared for the battle to come. Thanks again Ange for your encouragement for today and the days to come.

    ReplyDelete