I feel like this statement should be said, as.. well, I looked to global workers in this very light. "Well, that's just so great that they can go work overseas.... I'm so glad that they were called to do that."
Seriously. I remember sitting in church as a child and listening to story after story from people who came to visit (eh, maybe once a year) and thinking that very thought! I was comfortable where I was, and afraid to ask God if He had something more in mind for my life. Scary question.
But, as it turns out, it's not so scary after all.
It is, however, very necessary to remind others that I am no different from them.
Sure, I may live life in a different culture. I may be living in the future (8 hrs ahead of most of my readers, ha!). I may have different daily "norms," but I am still the same kind of person.
I love talking to those I hold dear.
I enjoy coffee breaks (sometimes, multiple ones!).
I love seeing God's creation spread out before my eyes.
I love reading in my spare time.
I enjoy learning more and more about God.
I love learning about the people He cares for and loves.
I help.
I love.
I have hopes.
I have dreams.
I fall.
I sin.
I have doubts.
I have fears.
But man, God is good. He gives me guidance and strength. I strive to have God give me life so that I may pour my own life out among those I live alongside. If it were by myself alone... none of this could happen. I'm not in it for the adventure-- or the newness. I'm in it to bring God glory. I'm here to see God work... to see God move... it just so happens that I am on a different part of the globe. Life here is not better-- nor is it worse. Life is just different.
And it's wonderful. It's wonderful not because I'm far away. It's wonderful because God is allowing me to see some of the change that is being done here.
Just the other day I was able to hear of God's miraculous work (first-hand) from a student here at school. She has gone from one who mocked Christianity to one who follows and loves God like no one else. God has a big plan for her-- I just know it. I can't really go into great detail here, but this is just ONE of the many stories that lay before me.
Stories of redemption.
Stories of hope.
Stories of change.
I just happen to be here to witness a few accounts of God's greatness in others' lives. I'm here to help propel, encourage, and pray for that change.
I'm no super human.
I'm just me.
I'm just available.
(Please do not read this as me saying that YOU are not doing the work God has called you to or that you are not available. My prayer for you, though, is that you would daily ask God to direct and guide your steps... and that you would hear and follow. I pray that we would each live out the life that God has in store for us. It's a wonderful journey and a great adventure when you let Him lead, in all things.)
Thanks Angela! I appreciate how genuine you are. Thinking of you often! I wonder if the math class is coming in handy now that you are teaching :) ? Happy New Year!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks Ashley!! I'm so glad that you read my blog. :) And, of course the math class helps me in my life here-- especially when I'm doing conversions in my head ;)
ReplyDelete